Student Visa Documentation Process

Student Visa Documentation Process

If you have married a U.S. citizen, you don’t need any special visa to study in the US schools. But one who wishes to go to USA for education purpose, they must have a study visa. Usually education is completed in a short time period, so study visa considered as a non-immigrant visa. Most of the people seem, if I got a student visa, I’ll continue my study and work somewhere as a part-time job. But this is not possible now, US immigration laws make strong and doesn’t allow a foreigner to work with a student visa. Commonly foreigners apply F-1 and M-1 visa to study in the United States. F-1 for academic studies and M-1 for vocational education, but both follow the same process to get a student visa. Before apply a Study visa: First, the applicant gets an I-90 from student and exchange visitor program approved School. You can find those student and exchange visitor program certified schools list on the United States department of homeland Security website. Enroll in student and exchange visitor program and pay I-901 fee. If your spouse, children also planning to study in the USA, they are also must have each I-20 application, but dependents optionally pay this fee. Pay the I-901 fees at the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) website. US schools give an I-20 when you at least knowledge in the Subjects. TOEFL, Graduate Record Examination score helps you to get an I-20 from Schools. Study visa process:

First apply online non-immigrant visa application form DS-160. Finally the US consulate website gives an acknowledgement document in the PDF format. This confirmation document is too important and show in consulate officer during the interview. The photograph must follow the instructions before take photo. Second Step: Applicant schedules the interview at the local U.S embassy. Before attending the appointment interview, student visa applicant submits biometric information and fingerprint at the US consulate office. Pay the fee and fill the F-1 or M-1 before the US consulate Common Documents to get a Study Visa: The applicant must have the proper documents before the interview. Valid passport, DS-160 form confirmation page, Application fee payment receipt, Latest digital photograph and student & exchange visitor program generated I-20 forms are the common documents. Some rare cases, US consular officer asked earlier academic education certificates, TOEFL and Graduate Record Examination scores. Show the bank transactions with sufficient funds to study and expenses in the USA. Usually the student visa approved within 120 days. US embassy allows the student visa holder before 30 days of joining date in the school.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Law and Practice

Top Seven Accident Claim Types